Sunday, December 19, 2010

And I'm off.....

     Welome to my blog... That's the best I've got. LOL There are many bloggers out there, I personally know a very good one that should have a book! Anyway, this is a big deal for me. I am starting week 2 of a 12 week training plan for a Mini Marathon in March 2011. Lofty goal, however there are days I feel like this should be a small step for me. I not only expect to finish, I want to finish in a good time, that TBD at a later date.  I am excited, nervous, unsure and ready all at the same time. I decided to blog to remember everything I go through before I die my 1st mini. I want to remember the good, the bad & the REAL ugly. I also want to hold myself accountable for my daily training.  I finished week 1 of Hal Higedon's training today. I did some training with him before.. liked it & was suggested to use this.. I think I made right choice. Here is this coming week's schedule... I <3 that I can switch the days around as needed, this week being a good example of that with Christmas coming up. This guy is awesome. Runner for life, but realizes people are people not robots.

Weeks 1 and 2
Mon: 3mi & strength
Tues: 30min cardio
Wed: 3 mi
Thursday: 2 mi or cardio
Friday: Stretch & Strength
Sat: Rest
Sunday: 4 miles


Here's the goal: http://www.mountainmanevents.com/sixtunnels.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment