Sunday, February 20, 2011

~"Why Fit In When You Were Born to Stand Out?" ~

     So, Did you miss me????? I didn't blog last week, as there was not training to blog about. I did last week's long run the prior week & skipped the mid week runs to recover. I started questioning this week's training early in the week. My kids got the plague the virus/upper respiratory infection/tonsillitis that refuses to go away. I left work early Tuesday & spent 3 hours in a doc in the box clinic & an additional hour in Walgreens. Thankfully they are finally showing signs of improvement, but STILL not back to normal. Since my DH is working on the road, that leaves me to work, take care of sick kiddos and oh yeah, train for a mini marathon. I tried everything I could to get them to feel better........ It's been a long week but.......    We made it.
     






    

   This week has been very interesting as far as people go. I am amazed daily by things people say and do. I wish I could say this week that I was pleasantly surprised by the words and actions of people, but so not the case. But, in reality, people are people and nobody's perfect, right? So, please don't expect me to be. I have come to a point in my life where I really don't care, OK I do, but it's like this: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all to me. My life will go on if you don't like me, or my choices. I am happy in my own skin & how I am living my life. If you have nothing positive to bring to my life, please go away. Pretty simple. We all need positive people in our lives. Yes, haters serve a purpose, but I hope they don't expect me to thank them. That is all. I have a lot of great people in my life that love me, support me & inspire me. "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss
I am feeling very connected with his quotes today :)


I ran past this today.. what a great sign to see each time go go to and fro your home "INSPIRATION"


Isn't she stunning? <3
        After seeing several blogs & getting suggestions to try sweaty bands I decided to give them a try. They are a lil pricey for a head band, but so far I am amazed  & feel they are worth the money. I typically can not wear ANY head bands, they ALL pop off, slip off , slide off, and whatever other words there are that describe not staying on my head. I think these may be a new fav for me. :)  I tried Sport Beans this week too. They were ok, I think I need to try again to make a true decision. LOL I did use GU today on my 9 miler. I was not totally impressed the 1st time I had it, but this time I really noticed a difference. It could have been my friend Susan's inspirational 26.2 mile run today !!!!! We will see about the GU. This week despite all the illness & work & preparing my daughter Madisyn for her friend's bat mitzvah ----- It was a  miracle I managed to get my mid week training runs and my 9 miler completed!--- (PDR)!!! Somehow I mis calculated my training weeks, so I am a week AHEAD of the game! Woot! So, this week I will repeat this past weeks training. 9 mile long run, 2 - 5 mile runs , a 3 mile run , some weights & cardio. :) I can't wait for my Garmin Forerunner 305 to get here!!! It will make my training so much more informative . PLEASE HURRY AMAZON DELIVERY GUY!!! <3


     Make it a great week...... ENCOURAGE & INSPIRE someone... You will never meet anyone that doesn't need & crave it & it makes you feel so much better!!! " You're off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!!!!"


         

No comments:

Post a Comment