Sunday, April 3, 2011

~ROCKIN the week family style~

     It's Sunday already !!! What a week. I hope I don't wake up and it never happened. Its been eventFULL all week. Steve came in town for a visit Monday. It's always great to spend time with him &it makes me  really appreciate what I  don't have every day... I am very very grateful for what he is willing to do for us.   Now on to the fun stuff!!!



Dinner Monday
     Steve was jet lagged, has been on Wisconsin time & works nights... so he was DONE after dinner. Poor Guy he tried to stay awake as long as he could. Way longer than I ever would have I NEED sleep! He lounged on the couch while we did Turbo Jam.





     Wednesday he wanted to see where I ran my half marathon & I wanted to get a running workout in. We pulled into Lake Mead.. Walked the trail to get to the 6 tunnels trail. Obviously we were not going to do the 13 miles, but I gave him a tour of what we did. It was emotional for me to go back. I'm SOOOOOO glad I did. We ran the first mile. I tried to show Steve how to find your comfortable pace, cuz I know what I'm doing I had the Garmin. We ran along Lake Mead we were in awe of the panoramic beauty of where we LIVE. We were counting our blessings together for sure. Steve wanted to walk and enjoy the view... so I decided I would try some Fartlek. I can't lie having a 6:30 pace where I struggled sooo badly during the half. KARMA, GU,  KARMA. We continued for a while I sprinted then jogged back to him. We would walk, chat and repeat. We finished the day with a biggggg hill that we tackled very well TOGETHER. Probably my favorite run ever. <3

a view of a tunnel.

     Thursday We partied like ROCKSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could NOT wait for Madi to get home from school!! AT ALLLLLL!
  Everything was ROCK AND ROLL. We all like music so it was fun for all of us, especially Madi. It's soooo hard to please a 13 year old. You can't do 'kid" things , but a lot of teenage things are not meant for a 13 year old. I was nervous it would be lack luster in her eyes.. I think happy tears = passing grade for Mom & Dad.

Surprise #1 what she saw coming up the stairs. Thank goodness for lessons!



Surprise #2 & 3... Rockstar custom cake & dinner at Hard Rock. She pick all the songs & "Toad" treated he like a total rockstar. <3

Saturday was a day at the strip! Madi & a few friends went to Adventuredome. Steve, Makynzie & I walked across the USA a small section of the strip. I sought out stumbled upon Juicy Couture. :) I was a lot of fun & a LOT of walking.


Sunday we finally got a day we had NOTHING planned. We talked all week about going to Red Rock Canyon for some hiking.It has always been one of our favorite places to go spend the day together.  So we grabbed Cooper & headed out. On our way there we planned the rest of the day. It included riding the new bikes and talks of swimming. I suggested we do our own family triathlon. Everyone was eager willing to play along. We hiked, rode our bikes & swam. Worked for us!!! :) Swimming= hardest workout EVER.


  
3 mile hike



3 mile bike ride

and swam 3 laps. I have NO idea how far this was... but It was a BEAST!


     We knew this week would fly by, and it did. :(  We enjoyed being together as usual. I hate to see it end. Being apart makes me appreciate the time we do get together. I am so happy that we shared some new things TOGETHER. We can't always be together, but when we are we can & do make the most of it.  I am so proud of Steve for everything he does. I am so proud of us for making it through another time apart & I am especially proud of us completing our 1st triathlon together!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love a good family weekend. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this blog. definitely my favorite. so much fun this week. I loved your triathlon too! :D yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete